Friday, May 10, 2013

Waiting patiently ... harder than it sounds!!

"Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Wait with hope and expect the Lord! Be strong, and let your heart be courageous. Yes, wait with hope for the LORD. For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him."

                                  Collection from Psalm 37:7, Psalm 27:14 and Isaiah 64:4.
 
Waiting, trusting, resting in the Lord.  This is a lesson I learn each and every day.
And each day I have to believe it is getting easier to do. Although some days it sure doesn't feel like it.  
 
But the more I learn just how much He loves me, my family... even my dogs. How precious we are to Him. How He really does know about EVERYTHING we are going thru ... the easier it becomes for me to rest, to be still and to know that He's got me covered. That He really is in charge of everything and that everything is going to be ok. That I can rest in His arms, (just like the big kitty in the tree) knowing He is working all things for my good, the good of my family and that I can expect to see these good works, any day now. Because He promised. "And He who promised, is Faithful"!! Hebrews 10:23 .
 
I'm learning that He allows trials, people and time to be like sand paper in our lives.
Not to torture us, (although it sure feels like torture at times and I tell Him so) but to strengthen us, to work something out of us, to heal and to help us.
 
So I wanted to encourage you (and myself) today... what ever you are waiting for ... or going thru... learn to be patient and wait. He is working on your problem. He's on your side, He loves YOU and He hears you. Just trust Him!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment